CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It’s a great way to obtain fresh vegetables weekly for a specified number of weeks during the growing season. Your purchase of a CSA share supports the educational programs here at the farm. We are excited to invite you back for the 2016 growing season!
As always, free farm visits are included with the price of your CSA. As eating locally continues to evolve, some old is new again foods add to the adventure of discovery, with more permaculture items such as sunchokes and you-pick of herbs & tender greens.
There will be 16 baskets per share this season, at an approximate value of $25 each, once per week, for a total of $400. The signup below will secure your share and we will follow up with you to set up a payment schedule. Baskets may be split and costs shared, and the baskets will vary in quantity as well as variety. Garden visits are welcome and delivery/pickup arrangements are as flexible as possible. In addition to the items noted above, the baskets this year will include:
- Longer storing greens: collards, kale, chard and beet greens, which all make great marinated fresh salads that can store for several days, as well as ingredients in soups and frittatas, and can be frozen or dehydrated for later use.
- Beans: several varieties of fresh beans
- Potatoes: red, white, & blue
- Tomatoes: more hardy specialty items such as tomatillos, cherry and roma varieties.
- Alliums: onions and garlic.
- Carrots, cucumbers, radish, broccoli, cabbage, and peppers will round out the produce and winter squash will be available in late summer, early fall. Other veggies will be included if they’re available.
We hope to share our community work and well-being with you through a fun summer!
– Our CSA sign up form is now live. Please complete the online form below and contact Charlotte Wolfe at 574-344-1753 if you have additional questions. You can purchase your share here; or send us a check for the deposit and any followup payments. We can come up with a payment schedule that fits your budget.